We are getting down to the wire, advice April 15th is right around the corner.  I hope that you have all of your details input into so kind of electronic file, balanced all of your bank accounts, filed  your 1099’s and payroll tax reports by now.  And of course you tied all of these reports/statements to your balances in your bookkeeping software too.

Now it is time to file your tax return.  This is where  you hand over your data and request that a professional complete the tax return and sign their name next to yours.

Why?  To begin with tax laws change every year.  A Certified Public Accountant, ‘CPA’ is required to take continuing education to maintain their accreditation.  It is always best to partner with an expert in a field rather than take time away from your business to do what another professional can do better.

The best reason that I know is you have a professional on the other end of the phone to help you when that IRS or State Tax Authority notice arrives.  And under most circumstances they will accompany you to an audit should that be necessary.